Search Postgresql Archives

Re: character conversion problem about UTF-8-->SHIFT_JIS_2004

Oops again..

or --
set PGCLIENTENCODING=SJIS
pg_dump
or
copy of psql's.
--
However, an environmental setup is as follows again.
export PGCLIENTENCODING=SJIS

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi.

----- Original Message ----- From: "bh yuan" <bhyuan@xxxxxxxxx>

Thanks for your replay.

The  "0xe9ab99" is not SJIS nor SHIFT_JIS_2004.

Ahh Ok, you already understood.  :-)

But I shoud export data with not regular SJIS character
from old database(7.4.3) to new database(8.3),
and use the old programe which export data as SJIS encoding .csv file.
Can I modify conf file to ignore the error?
or check inigore character from the database and convert it to regular
SJIS encoding character with some tools ?

Although it is unknown in whether the inside of .csv file which you acquired is SJIS...However, as one method, If you were operating by SERVER_ENCODING of UTF-8, it will be able to bring without conversion. Then, an environment variable will be helpful.

--
set PGCLIENTENCODING=UTF-8
pg_dump --

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

And
>> to export data as .csv file,
>> I use  set client_encoding='SJIS' at client.
>
> No, you should use UTF-8 of default.
means export a UTF-8 encoding csv file?

Thanks

2008/2/8, Hiroshi Saito <z-saito@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: