Search Postgresql Archives

Re: arrays of floating point numbers / linear algebra operations into the DB

Webb Sprague wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2008 2:31 AM, Enrico Sirola <enrico.sirola@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'd like to perform linear algebra operations on float4/8 arrays...
>
> If there were a coherently designed, simple, and fast LAPACK/ MATLAB
> style library and set of  datatypes for matrices and vectors in
> Postgres, I think that would be a HUGE plus for the project!

I'd also be very excited about this project.

Especially if some GIST or similar index could efficiently search
for vectors "close" to other vectors.

I assume something like "within a n-dimensional bounding box"
would be possible with GIST....

I'd be eager to help, test, debug, etc; but probably aren't qualified
to take the lead on such a project.