Search Postgresql Archives

Re: postgresql book - practical or something newer?

On Jan 31, 2008, at 10:14 AM, Erik Jones wrote:

That's an interesting idea. Is there a general audience/ participation wiki for Postgres? I know the developers have one, but a user-oriented sister wiki would probably be a good way to get lots of different people involved.

I'm of the opinion that the documentation should provide guidance like best practices in addition to just being a reference. To that end, the "interactive" online docs seem like a great place for people to make suggestions and recommendations like this, and these comments can be folded into the next release of the docs.

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend