Search Postgresql Archives

PostgreSQL on a CompactFlash

Hello,

we like to use PostgreSQL in an embedded system that runs – don’t laugh - on a compact flash.

Therefore we need to know how often PostgreSQL will write to the disc.

Once our system is configured there are very little changes to the database.

We have some tables in memory and some stored on the cf.

If we change a table in memory, will PosgreSQL access the cf?

As you know a cf card has not an unlimited amount of accesses…

So is there any reason that should prevent us from using PostgreSQL in combination with a compact flash?

Andre