Search Postgresql Archives

Re: postgresql book - practical or something newer?

On 30/01/2008 11:27, Gregory Stark wrote:

In fact I think most of the features you'll look for examples of will be from
the last 1-2 years. When 8.3 comes out people will be looking for whole books
on XML functionality, tsearch implementations, etc, and there will be nothing
aside from the manual since they're all brand new features.

Isn't this the idea of the interactive online docs? People can add stuff they find useful for others. The PHP docs have tons of extra snippets added by users - some dross, granted, but there's a lot of good stuff there too.

Ray.