Search Postgresql Archives

Re: [OT] Re: enabling autovacuum

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008, Ow Mun Heng wrote:

Can you let me know what is the sql used to generate such a nice summary
of the tables?

Might as well dupe the old text; this went out to the performance list:

Greg Sabino Mullane released a Nagios plug-in for PostgreSQL that you can grab at http://bucardo.org/nagios_postgres/ , and while that is itself nice the thing I found most remarkable is the bloat check. The majority of that code is an impressive bit of SQL that anyone could use even if you have no interest in Nagios, which is why I point it out for broader attention. Look in check_postgres.pl for the "check_bloat" routine and the big statement starting at the aptly labled "This was fun to write" section. If you pull that out of there and replace $MINPAGES and $MINIPAGES near the end with real values, you can pop that into a standalone query and execute it directly.

That's what gives the summary Jeremy included in his message.

--
* Greg Smith gsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.gregsmith.com Baltimore, MD