Search Postgresql Archives

Re: ascii to utf-8

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008, Tom Hart wrote:

>>> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] COPY failed: ERROR:  invalid byte sequence
>>> for encoding "UTF8": 0xc52f
>>
>> Try editing your dump-file and change the line which reads "SET
>> client_encoding = 'SQL_ASCII';" to "SET client_encoding = 'LATIN1';"
>
> I tried making the changes you specified with notepad, wordpad, gVim, vim
> and emacs and in each case pgAdmin (and pg_restore) complain about the dump
> header being corrupted.

Try an "-E LATIN1" option in pg_dump. Do you at least know what is
the encoding of data in the database?

Regards
Tometzky
--
...although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a
moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you

       match