Search Postgresql Archives

Re: [JDBC] Bug (?) in JDB

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008, Calum wrote:

I've noticed that when using Java and postgres-jdbc, setting ssl=false
in Properties doesn't get read, and ssl=false and ssl=true both cause
SSL to be tried.

The current implementation sees the mere presence of "ssl" as a request for ssl, as the original implementation and docs suggested using "?ssl" alone. At various times we've discussed changing this to be more like libpq's try/require options, but that's how it is now. So it's not ideal, but it is working as designed. If you don't want ssl, don't set the property at all.

Kris Jurka

              http://archives.postgresql.org/