Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Replication Using Triggers

On Jan 18, 2008, at 11:37 AM, gordan@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

That's one thing. The other problem that most trigger based replication systems have problems with is propogating schema changes - because (I think) you can attach triggers to schema changes.

I presume you mean that you cannot attach triggers to schema changes. Yes, I had thought of that a minute ago. I don't suppose this could be deemed a feature request for CREATE/ALTER/DROP schema level triggers? ;)

I'm sure he did. Also, there was a little bit of discussion a week or so ago about ddl & ddl/dml (such as TRUNCATE) triggers. With the imminent release of 8.3, now's the time to pipe up with feature requests.

Erik Jones

DBA | Emma®
erik@xxxxxxxxxx
800.595.4401 or 615.292.5888