Search Postgresql Archives

Re: advocacy: drupal and PostgreSQL

At 4:11p -0500 on 17 Jan 2008, Bill Moran wrote:
The guy sets my "jerk" alarms ringing like a 5 alarm fire.  He doesn't
play well with others, he constantly starts fights, and he threatens
to take his ball and go home every time he loses.  I don't care how
much code he writes, I don't think he's worth the headache.

As I said, I get the impression that most of the Drupal developers get
this, and they have mentioned more than once that Drupal's design goal
is to be database-agnostic.  It just seems to be Karoly and a few people
here and there that he's able to incite into riot.

I'm upset with the community.  The other core members need to stand up
to Karoly and say, "You opinions are not those of the community, and
we'll ban you from the lists if you continue to start this fight over
and over again."

I recently ran across this video about "poisonous people" in open source projects. It's perhaps prudent. It's about 55 minutes long.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4216011961522818645

Kevin

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq