Search Postgresql Archives

Re: ECPG problem with 8.3

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 10:57:45AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> I'm concerned about this too.  We'll at least have to call this out as
> an incompatibility in 8.3, and it seems like a rather unnecessary step
> backwards.

I thought I had send an email asking for comments back when this was
implemented. But given that I cannot this email anymore I wonder if it
really went out. My bay, sorry.

Given that people seem to use this feature I'm more than willing to
implement it, although it might become a bit hackish. Given that fetch
is not a preparable statement we can live with the slightly inconsistent
variable handling I think.

Expect a patch soon.

Michael
--