Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How to safely compare transaction id?

On 1/11/08, alphax <alphax@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I want to compare the record's transaction id in sql statements or
> PL/pgSQL stored procedure. Are there any system function or operator can
> safely(transaction id wraparound safed) compare the transaction id?

In 8.3 there are txid functions that export 8byte wraparound-safe
transaction id, that can be safely stored in user tables:

http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/functions-info.html#FUNCTIONS-TXID-SNAPSHOT

For 8.2 and below you can get them as external module from
Skytools package: http://pgfoundry.org/projects/skytools

--
marko

       match