Search Postgresql Archives

deadlock priority?

Hi. I have a query that does some batch deletes and inserts into a
table. It runs for 2-3 minutes when the application that uses the
database is  in production with users doing stuff.
Recently I have noticed that this query is a frequent victim of
deadlocks.

Is there any way to set a deadlock priority of this transaction or
some other setting so that it is never chosen as a deadlock victim if
only one instance of the transaction is running at the same time? All
other accesses to the table may be killed because of the deadlock but
not this query.

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq