Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Postgres from PHP in Leopard

Steve Atkins wrote:

On Dec 20, 2007, at 7:35 AM, Gordon wrote:

On Dec 19, 11:32 am, Gordon <gordon.mc...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm a web developer who does a lot of work in PHP.  The back end
database we use is bases on Postgres.  I am trying to set my new
MacBook Pro up as a development system.

I have managed to install Postgres fromhttp://sourceforge.net/projects/pgsqlformac/
and can access the database on my mac with tools such as pgAdmin.  I
have also enabled the bundled Apache and PHP extensions.

However, the problem is that I can't get PHP to talk to Postgres.
Running phpinfo () on the built in PHP shows that database support
extends as MySql, Mysqli and SQLite extensions, and SQLite drivers  for
PDO.  What I really need is a Postgres extension for maintaining  older
code and a Postgres PDO driver for new code in development.

It sounds like a PHP problem, not a Postgresql problem. You're
more likely to get help with it if you ask on a PHP mailing list, I
suspect.

It's a bit of both, really. You might need to re-compile PHP to make it aware of PG. Did you install it through Fink?

Which ever, I suggest you have a look at these articles (mind the line-breaks):

http://fatalerror.wordpress.com/2007/12/23/\
installing-apache-php-mysql-postgresql-on-mac-osx-leopard-from-source/

http://fatalerror.wordpress.com/2007/12/14/\
running-apache-2-php5-entropy-with-postgresql-on-leopard/

brian