Search Postgresql Archives

Re: installation on Mac OS X 10.5.1

On 22 dec 2007, at 06.56, Chuck wrote:
What is the best way to install PostgreSQL on Mac OS X 10.5.1?
Or, perhaps I should ask is there a preferred way to PostgreSQL on Mac OS X?

Is a disk image installer fine? Or, is it better to compile all the components?

I've always installed from source and I've never been sorry. Haven't tried it on Leopard yet though. There's no reason to believe that the various binary installers should be worse than a source install, but since I've never tried them I really can't tell.

Compiling from source is a good way to get to know both your OS and Postgres better.

Sincerely,

Niklas Johansson