Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Conditional updateable view

On 16/12/2007, snacktime <snacktime@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I can't seem to find an example of how to add restrictions to the
where clause of an updateable view created via the rule system.  For
example I don't want the update to complete if a where clause is
missing entirely, and in some cases I want to only allow the update if
the where clause specifies a particular column.

Is there a way to do this?

Quick answer no.

Long answer. You can limit which fields can be updated and indeed rename fields or update completely different tables using rules and/or triggers. But you not can say that the where clause must include something.

Peter