Search Postgresql Archives

Re: General Q's

I am undertaking a development which typically relies on the type of functionality that can be found at Joomla (www.joomla.com <http://www.joomla.com/>) and Drupel (www.drupel.com

Drupal.

Both Joomla / Drupal are making their databases work with Postgsql using an abstraction layer.

Correct.

Could you advise on the following?

    * Is there a project to create MySQL compatibility for Postgresql? I

No. Thank god.

      am not technical so you will need to explain as if I am a 3-year old!
    * What other Open Source solutions which support the similar type of
      functionality found on Joomla and Drupal work with Postgresql?

Those are the two I know best. We have several extremely high profile customers that use Drupal & PostgreSQL with great success.

Joshua D. Drake

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster