Search Postgresql Archives

Re: top posting

Thomas Hart wrote:
Andrew Sullivan wrote:

I don't think top posting is always the crime it's made to be (and I get a
little tired of lectures to others about it on these lists).

I agree. Obviously there is convention, and I will post in the style generally accepted in the list, but to me it always made more sense to top post. If you're keeping up on the conversation, then the relevant information is right there, and if you weren't, it's not that difficult to go through and catch up
I agree that top-posting can sometimes be easier to read. However, from the perspective of someone who *often* searches the archives for answers it is usually *much* easier to find a complete problem/solution set when the responses are bottom posted and/or interleaved.

Ron

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster