Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Simpler dump?

Ted Byers wrote:
Amyway, when I look at the server using pgadmin, I
don't see either template0 or template1.  I see only
template_postgis.  Should I be able to see template0
and template1 among the databases on the server, or
are they normally hidden to minimise the chances of
getting them screwed up.

There'll be an option in pgadmin somewhere to show them. Not sure where I'm afraid, I mostly use the command-line.

At this stage, how can I get a template I can use by
default that doesn't include the postgis stuff, so I
can use the template_postgis only when I need it?

You can just drop template1 and re-create it using template0 (which is read-only) as it's template. Check the docs for CREATE DATABASE and google a little for examples.

You can probably do all this from pgadmin too, of course.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd