Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Slony replication

On Dec 8, 2007, at 9:21 AM, Geoffrey wrote:

I am quite new to Slony as well, but one of the first requirements the docs state is:

Thus, examples of cases where Slony-I probably won't work out well would include:

   * Sites where connectivity is really "flakey"
   * Replication to nodes that are unpredictably connected.

So I suspect Slony is not a solution for your effort.  See:

If your DB doesn't change very much (like a few hundred or thousand update/insert/delete per day), then slony can work just fine in such a batch mode. Things break down when you accumulate several hundred thousand or more changes between times when you're connected.