Search Postgresql Archives

Re: record-based log shipping

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007, Alex Vinogradovs wrote:

The documents highlights possible problems with _SQL_ query intercepts.
I am talking about the actual tuples... i.e. row data rather than the
SQL requests.

The first two issues that come to mind are how to deal with a) deletions, and b) changes to DDL (table creation etc.). Forwarding SQL handles those but I'm not sure how your suggested scheme would. You should certainly look at what went into the design of both the existing WAL replication and tools like Slony to get an idea the full scale of challenges here.

--
* Greg Smith gsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.gregsmith.com Baltimore, MD