Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Nested loop in simple query taking long time

Henrik wrote:

> I think I have a clue why its so off. We update a value in that table about
> 2 - 3 million times per night and as update creates a new row it becomes
> bloated pretty fast. The table hade a size of 765 MB including indexes and
> after vacuum full and reindex it went down to 80kB... I guess I need
> routine reindex on this table. Thank god is not big. :)

I suggest you put a lone VACUUM on that table in cron, say once every 5
minutes, and you should be fine.  You shouldn't need a reindex at all.

--
Alvaro Herrera                               http://www.PlanetPostgreSQL.org/
"Right now the sectors on the hard disk run clockwise, but I heard a rumor that