Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Slony-I creation scripts not available

Hi.

From: "Glyn Astill" <glynastill@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Sorry Hiroshi, I failed to understand exactly what you're saying
there.

Ahh, Sorry...

So far I've installed Slony as per the docs, all seems to be well and
the installer ahs put the replication *.sql files in pgsql/shared.

I haven't started the slon daemons yet.

I thought once slony was set up you could then use the scripts from
pgAdminIII to setup slony before starting the slon daemons.

I have the scripts, but pgAdmin is telling me it can't find them.

Um, Here may be the material which helps you. http://developer.pgadmin.org/~hiroshi/Slony-I/ Anyhow, the first setup recommends slonik.
Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Hi.

From: "Glyn Astill" <glynastill@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> From within pgAdminIII I get this message in the status bar when
I go
> to setup slony-I replication.
> > I have the scripts in pgdir /shared after installing from source,
> should they be somewhere else, or should I have some environment
> variables set?

I can't judge in what stage you encountered the problem. Probably ,
you can grasp the right place by the installer. and as for an early setting script, creating to slonik is desirable. Then, the detailed information developed in large quantities GUI of pgAdminIII will be difficult to set up if it does not have full knowledge of slony. Moreover, if it is the script of slonik, Slony-ML(slony1-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) will be help more.

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Glyn Astill

now.