Search Postgresql Archives

Re: 1 cluster on several servers

Willy-Bas Loos wrote:

Is there an implementation for this in PostgreSQL? It would have to be
something like pgPool (middleware), because: How would the query know on
which server to put it's data? And i guess i would need some Kerberos-like
implementation for my authentication and authorization...

Try explaining what it is you're trying to do, and maybe someone can suggest something. The people at skype have their DB partitioned over more than one machine, for example.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd