Search Postgresql Archives

Re: replication in Postgres

On Nov 26, 2007, at 10:14 AM, Jeff Larsen wrote:

Yes, but I'd like something better than "near real time" as the above
page describes. Or maybe someone could clarify that.... Besides,
EnterpriseDB does not save me enough money. In my current commercial
DB, if a transaction is committed on the master, it is guaranteed to
be committed to the secondary. In our business, losing one customer
order could lose us the customer for good.

So you want synchronous replication. Search on that term in the archives for possible solutions (or lack thereof) in postgres.

If you don't specify your requirements clearly, don't expect useful advice ;-)

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster