Search Postgresql Archives

Re: "field doesn't exist" even though I'm sure it does

Sam Mason wrote:
On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 03:13:48PM -0500, Tom Hart wrote:
column "isactive" of relation "membermailingaddress" does not exist

   Table "public.membermailingaddress"
    Column      |     Type     | Modifiers
IsActive        | boolean      |

If you don't enclose an identifier in double quotes (") then PG will
make the identifier lowercase before looking for it.  This is in an
attempt to support case-insensitive general usage, while still allowing
case-sensitive usage if you really want it.
Ok, that makes sense. Like I said I created this db to mimic our previous db, but I think the best solution here would be to continue my trend of using all lowercase column names so that I'm not faced with this problem.

Thank you for your reply, and you too Joshua. Sorry for such an easy question :-)
  Sam

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend