Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Postgresql and resource isolation

Trevor Talbot wrote:
On 11/15/07, Joshua D. Drake <jd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A) "resource governor" - the ability to configure how much resources
(IO per second, CPU slices) particular users or sessions are allowed
to use

That is controlled from the operating system.

What OSes support this?

Well I know that FreeBSD through Jails and Linux through Xen can give you fine grained control over how much resources a particular instance can use.

My understanding is that Solaris Zones also give you quite a bit of control but someone else would have to comment on that.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq