Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PLpgsql debugger question

Tony Caduto wrote:
brian wrote:

I don't know what you're referring to when you say it was "advertised as a feature" but it's not a part of the PG release. You can get it here:

Here ya go:

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=201803375

 From the article:

After nine months of work, the new features in 8.3 will be available at www.postgreSQL.org <http://www.postgreSQL.org>. They will include: A finished PL/pgSQL debugger, a tool for editing PostgreSQL's version of the standard SQL data access language in database applications. Full text search made more accessible by becoming a feature included in the system code instead of being an add-on option. Clustering code from Skype for load balancing and spreading queries to a large database across several PostgreSQL systems.

Now you know what I am talking about :-)

I should have pointed out that I wasn't questioning whether or not there was an article that stated this. I was simply pointing out that the debugger was *not* included in the release (did you look at the release notes?) and also where you can find it.

That said, take this up with Information Week.

brian

      match