Search Postgresql Archives

Bulk Load Ignore/Skip Feature

Will Postgresql ever implement an ignore on error feature when bulk loading data? Currently it is my understanding that any record that violates a unique constraint will cause the "copy from" command to halt execution instead of skipping over the violation and logging it - as is done in Oracle and DB2.

Are there alternative ways of dealing with this scenario that won't consume as much time?

Appreciate any help  - would love to migrate away from Oracle.

Cheers

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq