Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Populating large DB from Perl script

Mikko Partio wrote:
On Nov 2, 2007 8:45 PM, Kynn Jones <kynnjo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

PS: As an aside to the list, as a programmer, when I'm starting out in
language, I learn more than I can say from reading source code written
by the experts, but for some reason I have had a hard time coming
across expertly written PostgreSQL stored procedures, other than the
occasionally didactic snippet in the docs.  All these expertly-written
procedures seem to be very STORED away indeed!  If, on the contrary,
it's just the case that I haven't looked in the right places, please
hurl me a cluebrick!

It would be great if there was a stored proc-archive somewhere in the
web where people could post their procedures. I know there are some
code examples in the official documentation but they are few in
numbers.

Regards

It's not specific for stored procedures but http://pgfoundry.org is a suitable location. Sourceforge could also be a source of such projects, finding the projects that have what you are after may be more difficult.

Projects aren't grouped into the type of project so you can't really search for which projects are SP's and which are external apps or plug-in modules.

Maybe that can be a feature request for pgfoundry - allow a type for the project - client app/stored proc/sql script/plug-in

I would point you to - PostBooks
http://sourceforge.net/projects/postbooks

Install this (or look through the example setup script) and have a look through the stored procs and functions that it uses.

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL@xxxxxxxxxx

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz