Search Postgresql Archives

current_user changes immediately after login

Hi list,
I have a strange problem: When I connect to one of my databases, the current_user immediatly changes without any interaction from my side. This is what I do:

chschroe@db1:~> psql -h db2 testdb

      \h for help with SQL commands
      \? for help with psql commands
      \q to quit

testdb=> select session_user;
session_user
--------------
chschroe
(1 row)

testdb=> select current_user;
current_user
--------------
itstaff
(1 row)

How can this happen? The consequence of this is that I cannot access the tables because the role "itstaff" has no privileges. "reset role" does not have any effect. After "set role none" the current_user is equal to the session_user and the tables are accessible again.

This problem does only occur with this database. Do you have any explanation?

Regards,
   Christian

--
Deriva GmbH                         Tel.: +49 551 489500-42
Financial IT and Consulting         Fax:  +49 551 489500-91

Deriva CA Certificate: http://www.deriva.de/deriva-ca.cer

      match