Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Using Postgres as a "embedded" / SQL Lite database on Windows

Craig Hawkes, 24.10.2007 05:14:
 - running as a service
      What happens in the unlikely event that they already have a version of
Postgres installed?

As far as I know you can happily install different versions in parallel. You just need to make sure the service name is unique (e.g. by using your application's name), that you initialize the PGDATA directory somewhere that is app specific and finally make sure you are not using the standard port for the communication.
I don't think an already installed Postgres would be "harmed" then.

Thomas

              http://archives.postgresql.org/