Search Postgresql Archives

Re: unicode searches failing that use % and LIKE operators

Tom,

To be more precise, the mixed queries "fail" in that they return hits of 0
rows, when they should return more than 0 rows.

Ben

In message <19842.1193077201@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Tom Lane <tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
> Benjamin Weaver <benjamin.weaver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > I have the following problem:  a compound search, involving 2 wildcarded
> > character search terms, in which one search term consists of Latin
characters
> > and the other, of UTF-8 unicode Greek characters, fails.  This is strange,
> > because similar searches in which both terms are either unicode Greek or
Latin

--
Benjamin Weaver
Faculty Research Associate, Imaging Papyri Projects, Herculaneum Society,

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster