Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Suggestions for Remote Procedure Calls from PG, please?

Em Thursday 18 October 2007 01:44:33 Bret Schuhmacher escreveu:

> Thanks for the reply, Tom.  I was thinking I could have my remote
> process send a message back to PG via XMLBlaster, too.  XMLBlaster is
> a MOM-like message-queuing app that guarantees delivery to
> subscribers. (www.xmlblaster.org).  The problem, as you stated,
> though, is transactional integrity :-(.  Hmmm, I'll see about the
> to-do queue idea.

You can try implementing a queue, Bret.  Make it a FIFO queue and poll from it
regularly.  Ten make your transaction insert a record on that queue and take
your action based on that.

A table as simple as:

	id			SERIAL,       -- you can have a routine to reset this when empty
	table 		TEXT,          -- includes schema
	primary_key	TEXT           -- to allow for numeric and text PKs

would allow you to retrieve the row that has been changed and take your action
based on that.

--
Jorge Godoy      <jgodoy@xxxxxxxxx>

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster