Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Preserving view source code

On 16/10/2007 18:16, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
I'm maintaining a cross-platform SQL tool that also displays source code for views, triggers etc. It would have been nice if the tool could actually display the source the same way it looked when the user ran the CREATE VIEW statement (which is possible with most of the other DBMS I support).

What pgAdmin does is very similar to this, and it produces fairly well-formatted SQL, if not what was entered originally - it may be worth your while digging through the pgAdmin code.

Ray.

rod@xxxxxx

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq