Search Postgresql Archives

Re: RES: 8.2.4 selects make applications wait indefinitely

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007, Carlos H. Reimer wrote:

> the problem happens with many machines where our Visual Basic
> applications is running. After debuging the application we discovered that
> the problem was always with "select *" statements.

I'd try locally:

$ psql -c 'select * from table where pk=1' [dbname] [username]

then locally:

$ psql -h localhost -c 'select * from table where pk=1' [dbname] [username]

then locally

$ psql -h [IP_eth0] -c 'select * from table where pk=1' [dbname] [username]

then I'd use a local network computer with a clear operating system,
like Fedora Live CD, because this can be caused by, for example, some
kind of intrusion detection system, which accidentally triggers on
data in this row.

Regards
Tometzky
--
...although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a
moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq