Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Request: Anyone using bogus / "humorous" X-Message-Flag headers, could we please turn them off

(Makes me have to think twice about raising
any _real_ issues though, like why my VACUUMs periodically keep getting into lock contentions with my JDBC connections and ultimately causing me
to have to shut down Postgres w/ "pg_ctl stop -m immediate", or how to
properly handle postmaster errors that don't appear to be documented
anywhere except in the source code... [No, it's not the absolutely most
recent version of Postgres; No, I can't upgrade it.])

This isn't fair, Bill. Your original question concerned posts your email client has trouble processing, which isn't the primary topic of the list. You also knew that it was somewhat contentious, given that you've made comments such as "Believe me, I'm not defending Outlook", so you probably weren't overly surprised at some of the responses you got. Also note that the responses you got were attempts to solve your problem: I don't see any that only belittled your choice of software.

If you *are* having issues with PostgreSQL, it would behoove you to at least post them and see what kind of response you get, rather than judge the list as a whole due to the response you got to an off-topic post. Many of the people on the lists have been here for years and have gotten lots of helpful advice, which is why they've stuck around, and are many others that are happy to share their advice and experience. You never know: you might be pleasantly surprised.

Best,

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net