Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Partitioned tables, rules, triggers

On Oct 5, 2007, at 10:53 AM, Scott Marlowe wrote:

On 10/5/07, Josh Tolley <eggyknap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10/3/07, Goboxe <hadzramin.ar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I have two questions on the above:

1. I found in some postings recommended to use triggers instead of
rules. Is this documented somewhere?

A howto is available at
http://images.omniti.net/omniti.com/talks/partitions-public.pdf

Wow, that is a great presentation.  I now feel like I'll be missing
out on not going to the pgsql conference this year.

I'm with you on that. Since I went to Portland for the mini-Postgres Day and OSCON just a couple of months ago I couldn't really ask my company to cover another trip to the same place so soon. But, there's always PGCon next May!

Erik Jones

Software Developer | Emma®
erik@xxxxxxxxxx
800.595.4401 or 615.292.5888