Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Large Result and Memory Limit

Alvaro Herrera escreveu:
Mike Ginsburg wrote:

Hello,
 I am working on a personnel registry that has upwards of 50,000
registrants.  Currently I am working on an export module that will create a
CSV from multiple tables.  I have managed to keep the script (PHP) under
the memory limit when creating and inserting the CSV into the database.
The problem comes when I try to query for the data and export it.  Memory
limit is a major concern, but the query for one row returns a result set
too large and PHP fails.

One row?  Wow, I didn't know PHP was that broken.

Try declaring a cursor and fetching a few rows at a time.
PHP is just respecting memory_limit when retrieving data.
In this case, a single row is about 30M, a lot more than the limit of 16M.
I think cursors wouldn´t help anyway.

[]´s,
ACV