Search Postgresql Archives

Re: windows and pg 8.2 (change database to another server)

Magnus Hagander escribió:
On Sun, Sep 30, 2007 at 11:36:23PM +0200, Terry Yapt wrote:
First of all.  I think this method is admisible. Isn't it ?

It is.

Glad to read it....  :-)

And second question: I think my problem is that some rights are wrong after copying data folder. What are the right rights to apply to data folder ?

Yes, most likely. You need to grant the postgres service account "Change"
permissions (or Full Control, but Change is recommended) on the data
directory. If you didn't do anything speicifically, it will just have
inherited from further up in the tree, which means that the service account
only has "Read" access.

//Magnus

I have tried a couple of combinations.... none of them was successful.

I have tried to assign 'Full Control' to data folder and sub-folders and files. Varying this 'Full Control' preserving inheritance, deleting inheritance. I have tried to assign 'Full Control' to Administrators and SYSTEM accounts/groups too. I have tried to do the same thing over sub-folders, files and so on.

Nothing was ok.

I have got this application errors (in reverse cronological order, 1=more recent):

postgres: could not find the database system
Expected to find it in the directory "C:/Archivos de programa/PostgreSQL/8.2/data", but could not open file "C:/Archivos de programa/PostgreSQL/8.2/data/global/pg_control": Permission denied
-2007-10-01 23:19:31 PANIC: could not open control file "global/pg_control": Permission denied
--2007-10-01 23:17:28 FATAL: could not create lock file "postmaster.pid": Permission denied