Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Autostart PostgreSQL in Ubuntu

Johann Maar wrote:
Hi folks,

sorry I do not get it right and I have to ask now.

I manually compiled PostgreSQL on my Kubuntu machine to /usr/local/opt/
pgsql and did all this stuff like creating a "postgres" user and I
have a startup script in /etc/init.d.
But if I try to start PostgreSQL by running "sudo /etc/init.d/
postgresql start" it will fail because it tries to write a PID file to
"/var/run/postgresql" which does not exist. If I create this directory
and set the permissions for postgres to write it works (!), but after
the next restart of the machine the directory is already gone.

You should try to find out why the /var/run/postgresql directory disappears after reboot.

--
 21:50:04 up 2 days,  9:07,  0 users,  load average: 0.92, 0.37, 0.18

      match