Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Using RETURNING with INTO inside pgsql

On 9/21/07, D. Dante Lorenso <dante@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Not really a question here, I just wanted to share my joy with the
> group.  I'm loving the new RETURNING clause in PostgreSQL.  This is
> really cool stuff ...

I love it too!  I have an update for out monitoring software that does
something like:

insert into monitoring table (a,b,c,thredhols) select distinct a,b,c,
50 from bigtable where date > now() - interval '24 hours' returning
a,b,c

and it is so much simpler than how I had to do it before, mostly in app code.

Every time I turn around there's something new in postgresql that
makes me love it that much more.

I owe somebody a whole bunch of pizza...

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster