Search Postgresql Archives

Postgresql and SSL

I'm using 8.1 RPMs for CentOS and so far, it's been great.

Now, I'm going to enable SSL. I had no trouble with the instructions on the
documentation for server-only certificates, and verified that psql (Linux)
acknowledges the SSL connection.

But I am stumped as to how to create a client certificate that's enforced!

I tried the instructions found
http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=106293430225790&w=2

and used the "ca.pem" created there as the postgres root.crt and although the
PG daemon no longer indicates that it couldn't find root.crt, it also doesn't
require a client certificate installed to access with psql.

Any pointers for somebody who is NOT an ssl guru? (like myself!)

-Ben

believed to be clean.

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq