Search Postgresql Archives

Configuration starting point...

Hello - Several people kindly responded directly to me with some specific suggestions for this, however the message was mistakenly deleted and not in the archives. If you remember who you are and wouldn't mind resending that would be fantastic!

Thanks!

-Nate

Hello - Just installed 8.2.4 on a Solaris 9 box. It's an 8-way (15000 MHz sparc) with 32GB of ram. We don't know the exact table structure yet or access patterns, although the first thing that will be looked at is a Sesame triple store DB. I would expect that this DB will be more skewed to reads than writes. Based on this, are the out of the box configs pretty good or are there any recommended changes I should be making to start with?

Thanks!

-Nate

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster