Search Postgresql Archives

Re: update problem in partitioned tables

"Josh Harrison" <joshques@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Now I create this function to redirect the inserts  and updates on the
> master table.

Uh ... there never will be any updates in the master table, since it
hasn't got any entries.

What you'd need is an insert trigger on the master and update triggers
on each child table.  I think the logic of this trigger is wrong for
the update case anyway.

			regards, tom lane