Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Question to schema public

Kai Behncke wrote:
Dear list,

If I create on my system (Postgresql 8.2.4) a new database it gets
automatically the schema public.

I would like to know what this schema is for?

On my system I have a couple of different users. The owner of the
public-schema is postgres.

By default everyone gets access to objects in schema "public", so that's select, update, insert, delete on any tables etc. It makes it easy to get started.

Could it be Fatal to give all of my users the maximum permissions to
change that public schema? What could be the result?

Well, it depends on whether you want your users to be able to create and drop tables,view,functions etc.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd