Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Debian problem...

I was able get my database working again.
Never figured out why...

On Sep 11, 2007, at 12:52 AM, 李彦 Ian Li wrote:

Maybe some Debian specific commands will help:
pg_lsclusters: list clusters you have on the machine;
pg_dropcluster: drop an existing cluster;
pg_createcluster: create new cluster.

Regards.

Tom Allison wrote:
Ran into a problem.
I hosed up postgresql by deleting the data directory.
So I thought I would just uninstall and reinstall postgres using Debian packages.
Now I have nothing working.
Wondering if anyone here has any suggestions on what to do with a Debian installation.
If not, I'm checking that list too, but it might be a while...
              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster