Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Debian problem...

* Tom Allison (tom@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> I hosed up postgresql by deleting the data directory.

erp.  That's no good.

> So I thought I would just uninstall and reinstall postgres using Debian
> packages.
> Now I have nothing working.

Huh, odd, that'd normally work, I think.

> Wondering if anyone here has any suggestions on what to do with a Debian
> installation.

Do a full purge of the package and then reinstall it?  I could maybe see
an issue if you didn't purge it due to the leftover symlinks in /etc...
You could also try doing a manual pg_createcluster, possibly with a
pg_dropcluster before it to make sure everything gets cleaned out.

	Enjoy,

		Stephen