Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Connecting to PostgreSQL server with Mono using ident authetication

On Mon, 4 Sep 2007, Albe Laurenz wrote:

The best list for this kind of thing is certainly the Npgsql
mailing list:

Just subscribed.

What error messages do you get when you try to connect?

When I use the connection string

  string connStr = "Server=127.0.0.1;Port=5432;User=tillea;Database=InfluenzaWeb;";

I get

Npgsql.NpgsqlException:
Passwort-Authentifizierung für Benutzer 'tillea' fehlgeschlagen
  --> Translation: Password authentication for user 'tillea' failed
Severity: FATAL
Code: 28000
  at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.CheckErrors () [0x00000]
  at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.Open () [0x00000]
  at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.GetPooledConnector (Npgsql.NpgsqlConnection Connection) [0x00000]

So npgsql is obviousely trying password authentication and I have no idea
how to ask for ident authetication.  I also tried
           Server=localhost

If I leave out the Server parameter at all I get

System.ArgumentException: Connection string argument missing!
Parameter name: SERVER

(which is different to other psql connectors I know from Python or Perl).

Kind regards

         Andreas.

PS:  I've seen a another private answer to my mail in my incoming box but due to
     a problem here it was deleted. :(
     Could the kind poster please repost his mail because I don't see it in
     the archive?

     Many thanks, Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de