Search Postgresql Archives

Data Warehousing

Hi,

I've got a postgres database collected logged data. This data I have to keep for at least 3 years. The data in the first instance is being recorded in a postgres cluster. This then needs to be moved a reports database server for analysis. Therefore I'd like a job to dump data on the cluster say every hour and record this is in the reports database. The clustered database could be purged of say data more than a week old.

So basically I need a dump/restore that only appends new data to the reports server database.

I've googled but can't find anything, can anyone help?

Thanks

Rob